Thursday, August 5, 2010

9 More Days!!

9 more days!!! I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by. Everyone said it would and I didn’t believe them. It almost went by too fast! There is still SO much to do. Slowly but surely we are checking things off of our to-do list and it is all coming together so perfectly!

So kind of a funny story… In order for Stephan and I to get our marriage license we need to have our birth certificates. Now usually, this very important document is kept in a VERY safe place, out of harms way. Well, I have done so much moving in the last 5 years that my birth certificate has also been moved around. So after destroying the house looking for it, I ventured to the attic to do some serious searching. First let me tell you that on Sunday morning it was 100 degrees already by 9am. Now imagine getting into a hot, stuffy, dusty attic only to search through dusty boxes that were poorly packed from a very quick move. Yep, that was my Sunday morning. At first I was finding everything from my hospital bracelet when I was born to my grade school drawings, pictures, & yearbooks to my college pictures and memorabilia. I even found my perfect man list that I had written at one point (Stephan fits every single one of my requirements, phew!)…So as clear as day I could picture the envelope that contained my original birth certificate and finally, at the bottom of one of the boxes, I found it folded in half. So all excited I go to open it only to find that it wasn’t there. Oh the madness… So I kept searching and FINALLY I found it, folded up in a metal beer bucket. Go figure.

I am so excited to get home to New Hampshire and show Stephan and his family why I love New England so much. It’s just so beautiful and so amazing during all 4 seasons but I think summer is the best! I took a sneak peak at the weather for next week and right now there is a chance of rain on Thursday and Friday. Let’s just hope that its clear skies and sunny… So keep those fingers crossed!!
Stephan and I are just so excited to begin this stage in our lives and to share it with friends and family. Everyone has really come together to make our wedding weekend spectacular and there aren’t enough words to really convey just how thankful we are.


Love,


2 comments:

  1. I clicked the link on Mindy's blog. Congratulations to you both! You make a lovely couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toni! Congratulations to you too!!

    ReplyDelete