Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Calming Effect

**Side note: Yes, I know. Stephan and I are slackers and we have yet to document our wedding on this blog. Things have been somewhat chaotic in the Zapien household (it’s so much fun to say that!). Between work, school, family, and everything else in between, we have yet to come up for air. BUT sooner or later, we will get to it.

In the meantime, I want to share a moment of our wedding day with you. Let me preface this by saying that the week leading up to the wedding was pretty stressful for us and I know I had little sleep. Arriving in NH helped a bit because at least the travel part was over but coordinating schedules and preventing me from losing my mind wasn’t so easy. I guess that’s why I get a kick out of the moments leading up to the wedding start…


On the day of our wedding, I spent the 90 minutes leading up to our ceremony walking around talking to people, calm as calm could be. My pastor approached me and asked me how I was. I replied, "I’m great!" He looked at me funny and asked me if I had taken anything prescribed to calm me down. I said, "Nope." I had finally stopped sweating the small stuff. I was going to enjoy my day. What was important is that I was about to marry my best friend and nothing else mattered that day! Everything fell into place perfectly and we are so very thankful to those who made our day perfect… We just can’t say enough Thank You’s.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment